XP/Ubuntu dual-boot

Jane Zhang jane99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 15 18:19:38 UTC 2007

Hi Chris,

I just went through this process although I haven't tried using iPod
with Ubuntu yet.

The latest version of Ubuntu is 7.10 LTS (Supported to 2009). You can
download it from Ubuntu's website:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

If you are going to do dualboot, I would recommend deciding how much
space you want to allow each OS first, partition the drive and then
install windows first. Once you have windows up and running, then
install Ubuntu. Ubuntu 7.10 does a very good job of migrating windows
based files to Linux. For example, all of my music, pictures,
documents are sitting nicely in my Home Folder. Yay! For coolness
factor, you can turn on compiz in Ubuntu to make it more Mac/Vista
like. (I think it's better than Mac or Vista.)

Anyhoo, good luck with your installs, I am sure your daughter will love it!

Jane