iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 14 14:22:50 UTC 2007

JoeHill wrote:

<snip>
> You should now be rebuilding libgpod, not gtkpod.

Okay, it's done.
> Then, when you have built and installed libgpod, you need to get the firewire ID
> of the iPod by following the instructions in libgpod/README.sysinfo.

Okay, I did that:
[root at p733 /]# ipod-read-sysinfo-extended /dev/sdd1 /media/IPOD

I checked in that I have a
/media/IPOD/iPod_Control/Device/SysInfoExtended file. I do. SO, I ran
gtkpod again and nothing has changed. I hit 'Save Changes' (hoping that
will load the songs from the playlist (I don't know if that is what it
is called as the gtkpod interface offers no name/title for that area
(bottom right)). So, to try to wake it up I try adding a song (from
elsewhere on my computer) with the 'Files' button, I get a "waiting for
conversion..." (it's an .ogg) message that clears in about five minutes
(which greys out functions in the gtkpod interface), then the mesage
clears (and the greyed-out functions are cleared as well), leaving what
seems to be stalled output in a terminal:

[chris at p733 libgpod]$ gtkpod
/home/chris/.gtkpod/conversion_cache/Mashed Potato Face/the
Rain_03-0x95d2240-0.mp3

Just stalled (I mean the prompt never returns) - I'm going to leave
everything alone for a while now to see if the prompt ever returns.

Chris