iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 13 22:29:07 UTC 2007

Craig Routledge wrote:

<snip>
> Apparently somebody decided to use an underscore instead of a hyphen:
>
> craig: ~> yum search sg3
> sg3_utils-devel.i386 : Static library and header files for the sgutils
>  library

Okay, I ran 'yum install sg3_utils-devel' and it installed and installed
the 'sg3_utils-libs' automatically. In /home/chris/gtkpod (as user) I
did a re-build (.autogen.sh, ./configure --prefix=/usr, make, then - as
root - make install). I opened gtkpod again and hitting the 'Save
Changes' is still not saving the songs (in a way I can see them_ to the
iPod - in fact, this time I didn't even get the 'syncing' icon and
message onteh iPod. I'm hoping at this point that I just don't know how
to use gtkpod. How do I tell if gtkpod is ready now?

For instance, here is the output of gtkpod trying to convert an .ogg (to
.mp3?):

/home/chris/.gtkpod/conversion_cache/First Date_06-0x8ac81c8-0.mp3

No more output in the terminal after that. No new prompt - is it stalled?

Wait a minute..what the %#@?...

[chris at p733 ~]$ rpm -q gtkpod
package gtkpod is not installed

How can it not be installed? I hit 'gtkpod' and the application runs. I
guess rpm -q is only for applications installed with rpm not svn (?)
Fro the Help>About in gtkpod here is the version: 0.99.11SVN

Chris

<snip>