IRC channel ?

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 12 20:21:33 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 2:53 PM, Peter P. <plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I was looking for the IRC channel of this list and couldn't find it. The
> traditional place is nowadayas irc.freenode.org but there #tlug is taken. #tolug
> isn't. All one has to do for now is squat a simple bot there to hold the
> channel. Any takers ? Someone with a server 24/365 could run an eggbot and
> that's all that's needed. I.e. on http://irc.freenode.net/#tolug . I am there now.

It's probably not a good idea to 'squat' on an IRC channel. My
(admittedly limited) understanding of IRC is that the operators will
do a sweep every now and then, and turf out anyone who's sitting on a
channel. However, I also understand that a channel with a double hash
mark is better tolerated by the sysops, so I would recommend we use
##gtalug instead.

And if we're well behaved, we might graduate to #gtalug one day.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario