Help debugging kernel BUG

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 12 20:14:37 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 2:51 PM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Does the network use the bnx2 driver?  I remember seeing some bug
> reports for that driver recently so maybe it could be related to that.

Nope.  It uses the tg3 module (the "Broadcom Tigon3 ethernet driver").

> What happens if you leave iptables enabled but disable the broadcom
> ethernet driver instead?

Well, the reason for enabling iptables was to use the laptop as a
wireless bridge so the ideal solution would include iptables and some
kind of driver for the ethernet port.  Are you still interested in the
results?  (I only ask because this debugging is somewhat academic at
this point--I bought a wireless NIC for the desktop, rather than using
the laptop as a bridge--so the effort to rebuild with iptables and
without the ethernet card is no longer as trivial as it would have
been.)

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com