iPod Nano

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 11 18:59:01 UTC 2007

Craig Routledge wrote:

> On 2007-11-11 12:37, JoeHill wrote:
> > I don't know as much about this as you, clearly. I was speaking of the
> > ability on Debian to run 'apt-get build-dep blah' so that anything needed
> > to build that particular binary would be pulled down.
>
> Gotcha.
>
> > Craig Routledge wrote:
> > > root: ~> yumdownloader --source --resolve gtkpod
>
> > That is pretty cool. To be honest, I have not done any serious
> > investigation of urpmi to see if it would allow me to do something
> > similar.
>
> Unfortunately I don't really know urpmi.  But I think I'll try to put
> together a yum/rpm primer for the wiki, since it seems to cause some grief
> for people on this list.

Now that I look at man urpmi (crazy, I know), it does show this:

--src name
           Search a source package matching name and select all its dependen‐
           cies (that is, its "BuildRequires") by default, unless the
           --install-src switch is used in order to install the source package
           itself. (You can also install the build dependencies read directly
           from an rpm spec file.)

Apparently I would have to enable some srpm repo in order for this to work, but
it's a start.

--
JoeHill