iPod Nano

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 11 17:26:08 UTC 2007

Craig Routledge wrote:

> I accidentally posted this with the wrong username yesterday, so it didn't
> appear on the list.
>
> It would appear from a posting today that Joe has a package for libsgutils.
>
> Hopefully it specifies the location of the source code.
>
> > On 2007-11-10 11:51, Chris Aitken wrote:
> > > No package libgsutils-devel available.
> >
> > This is the newest part that actually deals with the new checksum in the
> > database of the latest iPods.  So you'll have to find the source.  I
> > browsed the subversion tree, read the READMEs (especially
> > README.sysinfo), used Google, and I can't find the actual library. Joe
> > should know where he got it.

Why would the source for this be required? I see that the version I have
installed is 1.21, built waaay back in August of 2006.

My understanding was that the sg3 utils were just a tool for communicating with
attached drives/devices that libgpod leveraged to find the firewire ID, ie.
only libgpod needed to be a recent revision.

> > Note that README.sysinfo says "libsgutils" instead of "libgsutils";  I
> > couldn't find either.

My mistake there :-\ But yeah, for Fedora it's named differently. Its' called
sg3-utils-libs and sg3-utils-dev.

--
JoeHill