iPod Nano

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 7 19:44:52 UTC 2007

Chris Aitken wrote:

> <snip>
> >> Okay, I'm back on track. It seems that it doesn't matter how I sv the
> >> thing onto my system. Either way - it's here.
> >>
> >> Now, where I'm at is I did the libgpod sv and install. Now I'm doing
> >> the gtkpod install. But at the end of the ./autogen (run as user, of
> >> course) output I'm getting:
> >>
> >> checking for GTK... no
> >> configure: error: *** No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
> >> See `config.log' for more details.
> >>
> >> Yet, when I try to install that it doesn't work:
> >>
> >> [root at p733 gtkpod]# yum install gtk+-2.0
> >> livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
> >> 00:00    fedora                    100% |=========================|
> >> 2.1 kB    00:00    updates                   100%
> >> |=========================| 2.3 kB    00:00
> >> primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================| 1.8 MB
> >> 01:52    Setting up Install Process
> >> Parsing package install arguments
> >> No package gtk+-2.0 available.
> >> Nothing to do
> > I ignored that and ran 'make' (as user) anyway. It is complaining
> > about gtk as well:
> >
> > checking for GTK... no
> > configure: error: *** No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
> > See `config.log' for more details.
> > [chris at p733 gtkpod]$
> And I guess that is what you call a fatal error, because 'make install'
> (as root) won't run:
>
> [root at p733 gtkpod]# make install
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

Good thing, too. If ./autogen or ./configure doesn't work, no makefile is
created.

You need the gtk2 devel libraries. That should be easy, though getting the name
right often isn't.

On my system it's libgtk+2.0_0-devel-2.10.3-5.3mdv2007.0.

Then rerun ./autogen til it completes without errors about 'no package' or
'package missing'.

--
JoeHill