iPod Nano

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 7 13:16:57 UTC 2007

Chris Aitken wrote:

> JoeHill wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > It looks okay, actually, although it's building without support for
> > ArtworkDB, though on mine it's enabled. What I would do is, just in case
> > running autogen as root caused any other problems, I would do as Craig
> > suggested and delete the libgpod directory and redownload the svn repo.
> >
> > svn co https://gtkpod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gtkpod/libgpod/trunk
> > libgpod
> >
> > Then ./autogen.sh,
> Looks like all of that wen t okay. It appears that there is now
> magically autoconf (higher version than the 2.50 originally asked for).
> >  ./configure --prefix=/usr, make.
> >
> Done.
>
> Then, as root, I ran
>
> make install
>
> Does make install's output look okay (and if so, do I go ahead and
> re-install amarok and amarok-non-free-somethingorother?:

Unless it is a version of Amarok that you know for sure supports your device...

You're going to need gtkpod as well anyway, as far as I know. Someone on here
mentioned that Amarok needs gtkpod, so either way you should do the same for
gtkpod that you did for libgpod.

Get that installed, confirm that you can communicate with your device, then
mess with Amarok. From what I see, 'mess' and 'Amarok' are synonyms, but then
I'm totally prejudiced against KDE ;)

--
JoeHill