iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 6 11:58:31 UTC 2007

JoeHill wrote:
> Chris Aitken wrote:
>

>> JoeHill wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> One thing, before you start in on this: if you installed Amarok, it probably
>>> brought gtkpod and libgpod with it. Before you install the svn of those two,
>>> you should first remove the RPM's for gtkpod and libgpod.
>>>

>> I just realized I didn't do this first. I guess I kinda thought it was
>> included in the instructions below. It doesn't look like it is. Should I
>> run rpm -e gtkpod* and prm -e libgpod* before doing anything else?
>>

> Yes, do this first. It's better to be safe than sorry :)

gtkpod deleted okay, but libgpod won't delete. Should I uninstall
rhythmbox and amarok so that libgpod will uninstall?

[chris at p733 ~]$ su
Password:
[root at p733 chris]# rpm -e gtkpod
[root at p733 chris]# rpm -q gtkpod
package gtkpod is not installed
[root at p733 chris]# rpm -q libgpod
libgpod-0.4.2-1.fc7
[root at p733 chris]# rpm -e libpod
error: package libpod is not installed
[root at p733 chris]# rpm -e libgpod
error: Failed dependencies:
        libgpod.so.1 is needed by (installed) rhythmbox-0.10.1-2.fc7.i386
        libgpod.so.1 is needed by (installed) amarok-1.4.7-5.fc7.i386
[root at p733 chris]# rpm -q libgpod
libgpod-0.4.2-1.fc7
[root at p733 chris]# rpm -ef libgpod
error: Failed dependencies:
        libgpod.so.1 is needed by (installed) rhythmbox-0.10.1-2.fc7.i386
        libgpod.so.1 is needed by (installed) amarok-1.4.7-5.fc7.i386

Chris