iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 6 02:17:29 UTC 2007

JoeHill wrote:

<snip>
> One thing, before you start in on this: if you installed Amarok, it probably
> brought gtkpod and libgpod with it. Before you install the svn of those two,
> you should first remove the RPM's for gtkpod and libgpod.

I just realized I didn't do this first. I guess I kinda thought it was
included in the instructions below. It doesn't look like it is. Should I
run rpm -e gtkpod* and prm -e libgpod* before doing anything else?
> This is the way I did it:
>
> 0. Install libmp4v2-devel so that gtkpod is build with support for...well, mp4.
>
> 1. Grab libgpod svn:
>
> svn co https://gtkpod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gtkpod/libgpod/trunk libgpod
>
> *Important* read the README.sysinfo file and follow the instructions.
>
> ...then build and install the usual way* (I used ./configure --prefix=/usr)

Since the only configure file is configure.ac I tried the following:

[chris at p733 ~]$ cd libgpod
[chris at p733 libgpod]$ ./configure.ac --prefix=/usr
bash: ./configure.ac: Permission denied
[chris at p733 libgpod]$ su
Password:
[root at p733 libgpod]# ./configure.ac --prefix=/usr
bash: ./configure.ac: Permission denied
[root at p733 libgpod]#

I guess that's not the file - even root won't run it. Must be for system
access only...

I'm going to bed - it looks like the geeks are all in bed early too. Or
maybe you guys don't get up until 10 pm. :)

Chris

<snip>