iPod Video -- Success!

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 5 20:36:29 UTC 2007

On Nov 5, 2007 4:22 PM, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>
> > On Nov 5, 2007 2:51 PM, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > > I don't have any ogg to test it, but I would be totally _stunned_ if the
> > > iPod did not handle ogg.
> >
> > Consider yourself stunned...
>
> /faints
>
> > http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayers
>
> > "The native iPod firmware doesn't support Ogg Vorbis. You can,
> > however, install RockBox or iPodLinux on all iPod models (except for
> > the Shuffle and Nano 2nd gen). RockBox supports tags, and a number of
> > other formats. The larger iPod models have up to 80 GB HDDs."
>
> Ouch. I had no idea Apple were such dicks.

Steve Jobs is fairly famous in that particular fashion...

I would be seriously scared to work for the company in view that if
doing interesting things, there might conceivably be a need to report
to him, and that's evidently something that leaves people scarred...

"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)