iPod Video -- Success!

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 5 14:42:10 UTC 2007

On 11/5/07, Chris Aitken <chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> can iPods even play .ogg or do I have to convert all my .ogg's to .mp3's
> via Audacity first? [...]

Hi Chris,

Not sure if iPods' can play .ogg files but if you need to convert them
to .mp3 first, you might want to look at lame.  Being a command line
tool it's relatively easy to write scripts with - giving you a way to
convert your files en masse.  I used to do this to convert albums
after ripping for the little MP3 player I had at the time.

It's a great little utility.  :-)

http://lame.sourceforge.net/

--
  Scott Elcomb