SPF question

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 5 05:06:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 11:32:33AM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote

>   My question is, how do you setup an SPF entry when email users of your
> domain are literally all over the world? It's impractical to impossible to
> create a list of all the different MTAs my users may use, and given that
> many ISPs now block port 110 to any server other than their own SMTP
> server(s), asking non-techy users to use non-standard ports when
> setting up their email program is also not feasible.

  I think you meant 25, not 110.  Can you set up an authenticating
server that accepts submissions on port 587?  Any ISP which blocks that
port deserves to die.  With your clients sending email out via that one
server (I hope you have redundancy<g>) you should be able to do a simple
SPF.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?