[OT] TV, Internet, and Democracy

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 30 00:44:37 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> > I'm _not_ saying that stunts are bad, just that they're spectacularly
> > ineffective and inefficient _if_ that tactic is the only dimension to
> > our advocacy. There's plenty of work to do, it just needs people with
> > the energy and cycles to keep it going.
>
> So what are we doing for linuxinthepark 2007 this year then? Geek
> love-in or public outdoor tech advocacy love-in.

Well, I'd hope a "public outdoor tech advocacy love-in."

I'd think that what Evan is suggesting is something outside of the
"Geek love-in" events.  =)

--
Scott Elcomb

"Our Founders' faith in the viability of representative democracy
rested on their trust in the wisdom of a well-informed citizenry,
their ingenious design for checks and balances, and their belief that
the rule of reason is the natural sovereign of a free people." - Al
Gore (The Assault on Reason, 2008)

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin

'"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."  - Mark Twain