[OT] TV, Internet, and Democracy

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 29 22:47:30 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Apparently the 'wink' I left at the end of what I wrote did not come out on
> your end. Please check your locale settings, perhaps it is not displayed
> properly in UTF-8 or something ;) (see that one?)

See, now I wish I could blame something on Google.  Rrrrgh.  Yes, I
see that one!

> Anyhow, of course you are correct, I don't deny that Evan has some relevant
> issues to raise, I was speaking more to the seeming obsession with going after
> the penguinistas of this past winter in Dundas Square. Funny thread that...

Uggh.  Only 3700+ emails to dig through to discover what thou speakest
of!  Heh.  :-)

--
Scott Elcomb

"Our Founders' faith in the viability of representative democracy
rested on their trust in the wisdom of a well-informed citizenry,
their ingenious design for checks and balances, and their belief that
the rule of reason is the natural sovereign of a free people." - Al
Gore (The Assault on Reason, 2008)

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin

'"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."  - Mark Twain