[OT] TV, Internet, and Democracy

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 29 22:33:56 UTC 2007

Scott Elcomb left a post-it on the fridge:

> On 5/25/07, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Christopher Browne left a post-it on the fridge:

> > > No, I think Evan is right about this.
> >
> > No, I think Evan has a pathological fixation, cannot let go of something
> > that happened 4 months ago, and is in need of serious help, (much unlike
> > me) ;)
>
> FWIW, I think Evan has made some valid observations.  Perhaps not
> "correct" to your point of view, but valid at least.  I for one value
> Evan's input, along with all the others' - such as your own.

Apparently the 'wink' I left at the end of what I wrote did not come out on
your end. Please check your locale settings, perhaps it is not displayed
properly in UTF-8 or something ;) (see that one?)

Anyhow, of course you are correct, I don't deny that Evan has some relevant
issues to raise, I was speaking more to the seeming obsession with going after
the penguinistas of this past winter in Dundas Square. Funny thread that...

> What I would really like to see (and, as I'd hoped to point out in
> another branch of this conversation) is for the various, outspoken,
> components (alternatively, proponents) of our community working
> together to find an effective way to advertise our interests and
> concerns to the general public.

Ditto!

--
JoeHill