CAT6 cable by the roll

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 26 05:21:21 UTC 2007

Jamon Camisso wrote:

> Here we are: http://www.connectworld.net/syscon/support.htm
>
> "1. What is the difference between CAT-5, CAT-5e, CAT-6, CAT-7...
>
> The Simple Answer:
> CAT-5 is rated to 100M
> CAT-5e is rated to 350M
> CAT-6 and CAT6e is rated to 550M or 1000M depending on your source
> CAT-7 is supposedly rated to 700M or presumably 1000M"
>
> I hadn't heard of the 6e variety. What is so enhanced (and how) where
> the e designator is present anyways?

I had heard of CAT-6e but my BlackBox catalogue doesn't mention it. BTW
all the Ms above are MHz.

The BlackBox catalogue does mention CAT-6a and CAT-7 as proposed
standards. These standards define the electrical perfomance of these
cables. CAT-6a introduces a new measurement to the standard called Alien
Cross-Talk.

Ivan.