Teksavvy and Bittorrent

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 25 17:31:52 UTC 2007

George Nicol left a post-it on the fridge:

> > As another Teksavvy customer, I can tell you that
> > there is no problem with bittorrent on their system.
>
> Can we assume, then, that you're not behind a Teksavvy proxy?
>
> > at least I'm not filled with horror at the thought
> > of calling tech support now.
>
> First seek support from the particular tracker site. They will often be
> able to show you as "connectible" or "not connectible" from their point
> of view. Or they may provide a link to a third-party site that can check
> this condition.
>
> On port 49152, what protocol(s) are enabled by your floppy-based
> firewall? Some tracker sites want tcp and/or udp enabled.

I've got both tcp and udp, with tcp being first in the list if that matters.
Azureus uses udp for its distributed database functionality.

> Just go to the tracker site and look at their FAQs or support forum.

I'll check that out, thanks. I've been doing some tinkering, and the same
behaviour is exhibited whether I use the default port or not, and also by three
different clients (azureus, bittornado, and bittorrent-console). Torrents tried
are from a variety of sources. This is really weird :-\

Thanks again :)

--
JoeHill