Teksavvy and Bittorrent

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 25 16:47:32 UTC 2007

William O'Higgins Witteman left a post-it on the fridge:

> On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 11:10:54AM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> >
> >Finally got around to signing up for Teksavvy, no more dealing with the
> >robots at Sympatico, yay!
>
> Welcome to the sunny side of the street :-)

Oh, yeah. I just can't believe the difference in the people. It's like you're
talking to...well, *people* ;)

> >In particular, I am finding that Bittorrent in problematic. With Sympatico I
> >was showing in Azureus as being firewalled a lot of the time, and download
> >speeds are really slow. This is seemingly continuing with Teksavvy. Uploads
> >are incredibly slow, or nonexistent, usually meaning that something is
> >preventing incoming connections altogether, IIRC.
>
> As another Teksavvy customer, I can tell you that there is no problem
> with bittorrent on their system.  That's all I'll say, but there's no
> problem at all here.

I wouldn't have thought so. I'm thinking/hoping this is just a result of the
physical problems that I was having for the last month or so with sympatico, but
at least I'm not filled horror at the thought of calling tech support now.

--
JoeHill