CAT6 cable by the roll

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri May 25 16:07:05 UTC 2007

David J Patrick wrote:
> I need another roll of network cable.
> First of all, is cat6 the same as cat5, but higher specs ?
> and secondly,
> where is a god place to buy that sort of thing ?
> Sonham ?
> Active Surplus ?
> Above All electronics ?
> somewheres else ?
>
> djp

I've gotten stuff from Noramco before. Decent price and good quality.

For most purposes, Cat5e will be just fine. As has been said, Cat6 is
just a higher standard. Unless you are wiring one heck of a network, you
will probably be perfectly happy with Cat5e (unshielded, unless you will
be running near nasty EMI).

Madi