CAT6 cable by the roll

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 25 15:42:13 UTC 2007

On 5/25/07, David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I need another roll of network cable.
> First of all, is cat6 the same as cat5, but higher specs ?
> and secondly,
> where is a god place to buy that sort of thing ?
> Sonham ?
> Active Surplus ?
> Above All electronics ?
> somewheres else ?

This place might be a bit out of the way for you.  I've used them to
buy cat5 keystone jacks and wall plates.  I bet they've got cat5 and
cat6 cable, both plenum and non-plenum.  Their prices seem to be a bit
more on the contractor-side of things (i.e. current pricing with
appropriate markup) and they're easy to deal with on the phone.

http://www.wiringmart.com/

They'd be worth calling at least for a price comparision.  Their
primary focus is electical, so they speak in the electrical code and
funny numbers, but they're friendly.

Active electronics (not active surplus) might be my second choice.
I've never been to Sayal, so I can't compare.

-Mike