Where to buy new PC in the GTA?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu May 24 21:51:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 03:06:58PM -0400, Frank wrote:
> After many years surviving on used PCs and build-my-own PCs my wife has
> agreed that I can buy a new (but not bank-breaking) desktop PC. Saw a
> couple in the stores last night (Acer and Lenovo) that were Athlon 64
> bit dual processor with 1 Gig of RAM for like $650. I was really hoping
> to find this with 2 gig but still in the same price point (or cheaper if
> possible). Where should I be looking in the GTA?

Personally I always build my own because I know where I can save money
and where to spend a little extra for my needs.  Most name brands just
know how to cut all corners to make the price tag as small as possible,
with no consideration to actual performance (They seem to assume the
customer simply wants lowest price for highest cpu number/memory size/hd
size).

I tend to buy my parts at logic computer house or canada computers.

I built a new computer for my sister in december, and spent about $1300,
which was what I thought was about as low as I could go while still
getting top quality and good performance for the money.  Not sure going
under $1000 ever gives good quality or performance for the money at this
time.

--
Len Sorensen