IT360 Show.

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 24 17:32:39 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07, John Van Ostrand <john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 18:18 -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> > Now, had the show stayed Linux focused this person
> > might have considered it, just for brand promotion.
> > But with the loss of a Linux focus it just was not
> > worth the money...
> >
> > This combined with the fact that it used to be the
> > only way you could find out about new stuff was via
> > trade shows, something that the web has changed....
>
> That's exactly why we didn't exhibit this year as well.
>
> IT360's explanation on this matter was "this is our first year for this
> show... it takes time to build".

I did make some reasonably interesting contacts there; I don't think
these shows are anywhere near worthwhile from the "new stuff"
perspective, but the draw of people seems a worthwhile thing.

It's not about products - it's about people.

Of course, that may be an argument in favor of visiting, and NOT exhibiting ;-).
"...  memory leaks  are  quite acceptable  in  many applications  ..."
(Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)