[OT] TV, Internet, and Democracy

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu May 24 14:27:41 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 03:19:12AM -0400, Sy Ali wrote:
> This is a strange space to be in.  Everyone wants to believe they're
> immune but not everyone can be correct.
>
> Somehow either the people one finds onesself in the company of are
> collectively less-affected / disaffected by advertising or are lying
> to themselves.  Maybe it's a bit of both, or maybe also a lack of
> awareness of the actual impact advertising has.  Which would, of
> course, be the points of ads.

I know there are commercials that have very succesfully put some
companies on a permanent ban in my mind, where I simply refuse to ever go
to one of their stores because their advertising campaigns are just so
amazingly stupid.  Maybe they are trying to attract a different type of
person, whoever that is. :)  So no I am not immune to advertising, but
it isn't always a possitive thing for the advertiser.

--
Len Sorensen