alternatives to terago wireless in toronto ???

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 16 21:24:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 04:57:40PM -0400, Pavel Zaitsev wrote:
> It is UTF-8 standard, that everyone, especially unix people should get around to
> using. For the longest time russian sites used cp1251 or koi8-r encoding,
> which is dubious - originated in non-unix/non-internet way. His headers say
> that mail is UTF-8 encoded, so he didn't try to trick people into reading
> his partially 'binary' email. utf-8 is kernel-level friendly.

Well mutt running over ssh with terminal type of 'xterm' just showed ???
for each non ascii character.  For mailing lists you are better off with
plain text.  For some languages unicode is needed, but for english it
isn't, unless apparenly your mac thinks you would like 'pretty' wide
capitals.  Fortunately it can apparently be told not to do that.

I probably should see if I can convince it to support unicode.

utf8 may be kernel friendly, but that doesn't mean it is always
application friendly.

--
Len Sorensen