GPLv2 or GPLv3 ?

Christopher Friedt cfriedt-u6hQ6WWl8Q3d1t4wvoaeXtBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Mon May 14 12:55:34 UTC 2007

I think it's fairly obvious that M$ is afraid of losing out bigtime,
after the 'obviousness' thing. They've seen how FOSS has now become
extremely widespread. The bottom line is that they need to continue to
'lie, cheat and steal', in order to continue ensure their financial
dominance.

That's why they are approaching FOSS vendors with protection agreements
a la Novell, etc.

One thing that I'm not really clear on, and maybe some of you can
comment, is how moving GNU tools to GPLv3 will affect Linux.

Has Linus mentioned anything about moving to the GPLv3 ?

If not, will developers using the kernels be limited to using GPLv2 tools ?

Chris