[OT] IP Problems in Windoze

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Mon May 14 02:39:24 UTC 2007

Hello:

I seem to be logging on to an outside network that has superceded my router.
The address family of my laptop is now 164.*.*.*, when it ought to be 192.*.*.*
(the address family of my router).

Before anyone tells me to give security encryption a try, I would like to know
if there is a way to overcome this problem first.

FWIW, the network is not recognised at all in Linux. But in Windows, I can see
into other people's laptops, probably in a nearby restaurant.

All this, and no Internet.

Other computers on my local network are working properly, though.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Paul King