OT: Internet connectivity

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 10 16:48:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Glen Strom wrote:

> I've been with Teksavvy since February 1st, and it's been good.
> No down time and the tech support has been good.

      I've been on Teksavvy for 17 months; there was a little downtime
      a year or so ago, but it's been good otherwise.

      Support has been excellent. The only time they couldn't help was
      at the very beginning. I was able to connect directly with my
      Mandriva system, but not with the router. The support tech had no
      idea about configuring the router with anything but the web
      interface (which I didn't know it had, and didn't know the login
      name). I always used telnet, and I figured it out by myself.

> The only thing that hasn't been as good as I had with EOL is usenet;
> Teksavvy's usenet is far more limited. Other than that, though, I
> have no complaints.

      For Usenet, I installed leafnode, and have it draw from the
      Teksavvy service as well as a few free servers.

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                      <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
    ========= Do not reply to the From: address; use Reply-To: ========