OT: Internet connectivity

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu May 10 15:23:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:58:50AM -0400, Michael MacLeod wrote:
> Bell's business offerings may be worth looking at. It costs more, but
> the contract states a 48 hour mean time to resolution, static ip,
> unlimited transfer, no blocked ports or throttled bandwidth, and cart
> blanche to run whatever you want.

48 hours _mean_?  So half their problems take over 48 hours to fix?  I
haven't dealt with a bell business adsl for a few years, but it had some
pretty restrictive bandwidth limits when I did a few years ago, and was
very very expensive.  I guess things change.

> I live in a flat with two other room mates, so we split a monthly bill
> for approx $132 for a dry-loop optimax connection. There were some
> difficulties setting it up, because I was migrating from a residential
> dry-loop connection, so there was some confusion about the phone
> number because they have to install a business connection on a
> business phone line, not a residential one. Since that was cleared up
> though, it's been smooth sailing.

I just want an ISP that isn't stupidly anal.  Too bad I can't go back to
istop since they no longer sign up customers (they serve their old
customers and do hosting).

--
Len Sorensen