Linux and a dead smartphone

Duncan MacGregor dbmacg-HLeSyJ3qPdM at public.gmane.org
Tue May 8 12:19:02 UTC 2007

Maybe you can restore the Palm.

It is worth noting that in many Palm devices, there is a cable connecting
adjacent circuit boards. The contacts for these cables are physical, not
soldered. So pulling the plugs on such cables and reseating them will often
restore operation.  This certainly works on Palm III-series devices, and
before you scrap the Treo it is worth a try.

see

http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2005_11_13_treotricks_archive.html

Palm has been enthusiastically talking about use of Linux in new devices.

Duncan

--
Duncan MacGregor   - Toronto -