Linux -> Mac?

Pavel Zaitsev pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org
Mon May 7 22:00:32 UTC 2007

Michael MacLeod(mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org)@Sun, May 06, 2007 at 11:17:06AM -0400:
> Actually, I spent some time recently setting up ubuntu feisty on my room
> mates computer. Firstly, let me say that Ubuntu continues to impress. I've
> been a fan since breezy, but it keeps getting better. Anyway, the computer
> dual boots now, and it's specs are good enough to run oblivion well when
> booted into windows. It's got an ATI X800 card (not my choice, like I said,
> my room mate built it).

Mike works in tech support so he is acutely aware of potential user interface
problems in general. I agree, no matter how wonderful linux is, all neat things
seem to come with a price of knowing the way things layed out "under the hood".
That is from the view of a regular computer user. I don't doubt that soon, beryl
will be a standard package, however but not for laptops as you can see it
devouring your battery pretty fast. If they will make it energy efficent on
CPU and the parts, or at least make lean and mean but still useful beryl,
it may well become the standard.
Cheers,
	Pavel

--
Create like God. Command like a King. Work like a Slave.
http://arslogic.com  | http://arslogic.com/resume.pdf