Dirty Hydro?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon May 7 19:28:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 02:55:51PM -0400, Scott Elcomb wrote:
> I figured much the same as Lennart, but seeing as it's been so long
> thought I might check with those more knowledgeable than I.
>
> I picked up a UPS with voltage regulation today, but it's not having
> any noticeable effect on either machine.  This is driving me up the
> wall; one I built, one I didn't - but both are freezing up regularly.
>
> Any other thoughts or recommendations would be most appreciated.  Thanks
> again.

So what hardware is in each machine (cpu,mainboard,powersupply,HD,etc)
and which distribution/kernelversion are you running on them?

Random crashes and such are often cuased by either:
Too small or too unstable a power supply
Bad RAM or at least RAM that isn't stable enough for the memory controller

--
Len Sorensen