Gmail users - request regarding HTML

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 7 15:14:14 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Ian Petersen <ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> According to this thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Problem-solving/browse_thread/thread/3f8e5c113fb19c1d/b83e54f827435544?lnk=gst&q=plain+text&rnum=39#b83e54f827435544
> you can get GMail to default to plain text by going to the Compose
> screen, switch to plain text, and then close the Compose screen.
>
> I haven't tried it--I think I'm already in the "default to plain text"
> mode, and I don't want to screw it up.

Lucky man.  Mine's been defaulting to Rich Text for months, and I
don't know what karmic crime I committed to be forced to click on
"Plain Text" ten times a day ...  I tried to follow this tip, but when
I went to "Compose" my only option was to switch to "Rich Formatting,"
so apparently my "default" is plain.  But all my replies (including
this one) default to Rich text.  So this trick isn't an absolute
answer.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/