Gmail users - request regarding HTML

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon May 7 11:10:39 UTC 2007

To all Gmail users posting to TLUG:

The tag lines added to TLUG mailing list postings state:
"TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns"

Regarding posting in HTML;

Gmail, by default, seems to send messages with both a plain text and
a duplicate HTML part. To honour the TLUG request, the following
links explain how you can set Gmail to use plain text only.

<http://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/et122706.htm>

<http://www.socal-raves.org/html-email.html#gmail>

<http://www.gregwhitescarver.com/blog/2006/11/13/why-oh-why-is-gmail-using-rich-text/>

I hope I don't come across as the TLUG police or anything. It's just
that my mail reader favours displaying the HTML part, which is harder
to read than the plain text part.

Thanks to Alex Beamish for helping to find and test this technique,
since I don't use Gmail myself.

Respectfully,
Scott Allen

--