500GB external HD - $69

Allen Taylor tlug-G8usDCtqe957Ar2qsurDTA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 5 14:01:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 02:22:11PM -0400, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> > Misprints and Errors on our Site
>
> You know, it _is_ possible that it was legitimate, but was limited by
> either time or stock available at that price.
>
> So far as I can tell, at least three people on this list were able to
> place an order at the sale price, so we'll know soon enough if these
> orders are honoured or cancelled.

Oh Well - 'Twas a nice dream:

   Regarding your recent Dell order

   Dear Customer,

   Dell Canada strives to ensure the most positive experience for each
   of its customers.  Recently, an error was made on www.dell.ca that
   caused the customer experience to be less positive than we would like.

   On the morning of May 4, 2007 we inadvertently posted web site
   pricing for the sale of the Aluratek AHDU350500 500GB 3.5" USB 2.0
   External Hard Drive that was in error.  The erroneous price advertised
   was $69.00.  The correct price of this product is $239.00.  Later this
   morning, we discovered the error and resolved it.  However, before the
   error was resolved, some customers placed orders.

   At Dell Canada, we endeavour to provide current and accurate
   information on our website.  Nevertheless, errors and misprints occur,
   and we regret that we cannot honour the pricing that temporarily
   appeared to be available on www.dell.ca.

   However, we do understand that this error may have caused you some
   inconvenience.  As a result, we would like to present you with a
   goodwill offer consisting of 20% off the correct price (exclusive of
   shipping and applicable taxes) of the hard drive that you ordered in
   the event that you still wish to place your order.  To receive this
   goodwill offer, please use the eCoupon code provided below to be used
   Online Only at www.dell.ca by May 31, 2007.

   Again, Dell Canada apologizes for any inconvenience caused by this
   error and looks forward to your continued support as a Dell customer.
   If you have any further questions, please e-mail us at
   Canada_Sales-DYMqY+WieiM at public.gmane.org

   20% Discount Coupon code is : xxxxxxxxxxxx Product Link : xxxxxxxxx

   Best regards,

   Anwar Sumar

   Director, eBusiness

   Dell Canada Inc.