Digital contract signatures [ non-linux topic, nerd topic ]

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 4 22:18:39 UTC 2007

On 5/4/07, Sheldon Mustard <smustard-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On an unrelated note, I have been wondering for a while now why the
> supergeeks at google don't integrate gnupg into gmail?  Anyone have any idea
> ... seems like a no brainer to me.

There's a Firefox plug-in that'll do that for you.  Can't remember the
name right now, and I don't have time to search for it, but it adds
buttons to the GMail interface to sign and/or encrypt outgoing mails,
and to verify the signature on incoming mails.  (I presume it'll also
decrypt incoming mails, but I'm not sure.)  It works via a local
installation of gpg, so you never lose control of your private keys.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com