500GB external HD - $69

George Nicol gnicol-PeCUgM4zDv73fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri May 4 14:41:39 UTC 2007

Mike Kallies wrote:
> Evan, do you have any cookies or profiles on the site?

I saw the ad both ways: First with strikethrough-$239-strikethrough and
$69 as the new price, then back to $239 in less than an hour. Notice the
superscript "1" on the price, pointing you to their error policy. They
make a *lot* of mistakes like this.

I refuse to buy anything from Dell, but this was too good to be true.
Half a terabyte and portable for <$70? In my dreams.

I have no special relationship with Dell, so I wasn't seeing anything
that Joe Sixpack wouldn't have seen. Shoulda grabbed a screenshot.