Seeking opinions

Brice Chaffin bchaffin72-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 3 15:48:47 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on how to get started with Linux as a career.

I face some pros and cons in this quest.

Pros:

I usually learn quickly
I consider loyalty important
I love working with technology

Cons:

I have no official experience or certification, just personal
experience.

My question is: How does someone get started from such a position?
I have been into computers and technology for years. I have been a
Linux user for six years, and have used several distributions on
different platforms in that time. I have tried to expand my knowledge
and concentrate on practical skills. I have some programming ability,
but am more interested in system administration. I also do most of my
own PC assembly and maintainence, so I am a fair technician as well.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Brice

--
"There is no other wisdom and no other hope for us but that we become
wise."

Surak of Vulcan