is LPIC Certifications Respected in industry.

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed May 2 23:01:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

I wrote:
>> I come from Australia so no doubt integrating in to Canada was easier for
>> me than it would be for someone from Egypt or even eastern Europe since I
>> already spoke English as a first language and found the pervading culture
>> similar to what I was used to at home[1].
>
> Some smartass people might claim that isn't English. :)

ROTFL.  You know I actually did look over that sentence to see if I should
reword it :)

>> As an example, I was at a picnic here one day and we were packing up the
>> car.  When asked, I suggested to a friend to she her bags in the boot.
>> She stared at me like I'd just arrived from Mars.  Why would anyone store
>> there bags in a boot?  My wife translated this to "trunk" for her.
>
> I guess Australia is a bit too British there.

Only after living in Canada for a while did I realise how similar Britain
and Australia are culturally.

> Wouldn't it be boring if everything was the same?  What would be the
> point of moving then?

You are quite right.  Part of the reason I wanted to live in Canada was
because things would be different.

So where are you from originally Len?

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073