is LPIC Certifications Respected in industry.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue May 1 19:56:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 07:52:47PM -0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> Len, you think like me.
>
> There is a lot of crap people around in our lives, people without
> imagination, who however have influance in their life on how the selection
> process looks like. They often have no clue about what they are doing.
>
> After 12 years of living in Canada as a fucken in fact immmigrant I have now
> a better view and am not afraid to express myself.
>
> This society is sick, sick with purpose. It imports a lot well educated
> people but just exploits them after they are here. This is a sort of
> contemporary slavary. Except that slaves are not only these who know
> nothing. Now.,slaves are these who are educated also.
>
> I have a very rare and unusual luck of working with a man who is very open
> minded. That man asked me once: how many programming languages you know? I
> silly answered: perl, pascal, php... He replyed: I can program in any
> language. And yes, he can. Now, I kniw that I can also. Just give me an
> opportunity!

Well the CS education I got at Waterloo certainly focused on teaching
programing techniques, not languages.  You were expected to figure out
the language a course used (if it used a specific one) on your own, and
in many cases the requirements for a course was just 'use a functional
style language' or 'use anything you want as long as this set of
requirements get filled'.  Maybe that is why CS students from Waterloo
tend to be considered very good programmers.  They learn to program, not
just to use a list of popular at the moment languages.

--
Len Sorensen