GTALug buttons for the IT360 show...

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 31 15:20:03 UTC 2007

Last year there were buttons for GTALug folks at the
Linux World Canada show. the buttons being 2.25"
(about 6 cm) across metal buttons with a pin on the
back, the sort that one can see during election
campaigns. The art on the buttons was the GTALug logo
that Leah Kubik designed (see the upper left corner of
the GTALug home page to see an example of said logo).
For the people whose name we got set-up far enough in
advance we (well Gordon Chillcott and I) had volunteer
names superimposed over the logo.

So, that was last year. For this year I have ordered
and received more button parts that are to be used for
making buttons for the IT360 show and the big
questions are:

- Do we go with the same artwork (last year it was
very nice, but can we do better/different)? Would be
tempting to have a slightly different button each
year, so people who volunteer each year can have a
collection... But, anyone asking for different artwork
may be asked to supply artwork :-) .

- How many buttons should be made up this show? Last
year I made up about 95 buttons (last year I went
through parts for 100 buttons, but there were a few
buttons that got mucked-up in the button press and
went straight to the trash...). Some of last year's
buttons were left over after the show, and I would
rather not have that happen again. This year I ordered
parts for 250 buttons, with the idea this would cover
GTALug for several shows...

Colin McGregor