For those who wanted the OLPC laptop

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 31 04:06:01 UTC 2007

Walter Dnes wrote:
>   A "slim Windows" is pointless without a "slim Windows Office Suite".
> The office suite will be the real challenge.

The developing-world models I've seen MS propose is for all PCs would
contain a full but locked version of Office. Users would unlock their
apps for, say, an hour at a time, using credits that would be bought in
a manner similar to pay-as-you-go cellphone services.

How well a current version of MS Office would work on near-OLPC-sized
hardware is a different issue...

- Evan