PCI Device problem - maybe

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 30 17:37:56 UTC 2007

On 3/30/07, Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> PCI :  Cannot allocate resource region 1 of device 0000:00:0c.0
>                                     ditto                               2
>        and regions 3, 4, 5
>
> I have replaced the  Hard drive and the DVD reader without changing what
> happens.  The old H.D. and CD Burner are disconnected.  I realize this is
> sketchy info, but I don't want to make this longer unless someone thinks they
> can help.  I have no idea what that Device is or if it is a problem.

I'm pretty sure the '0000:00:0c.0' is some kind of PCI identifier (I
don't know if it's a bus number, or what).  If you run lspci, it'll
show you the PCI devices on the system beside this PCI identifier,
which you should be able to compare to the error message to narrow
down which device is failing.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com