PCI Device problem - maybe

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 31 01:34:17 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 21:34, Giles Orr wrote:

> My first thought after reading this is (Lennart suggested it too) is
> RAM.  As the install progresses, Linux probably slowly fills up
> available cache (RAM).  If it hit a bad spot, it would then crash.

I do believe we have a winner!!!

The first RAM that I have go bad in 25 years, so it was about time. There were
3 sticks on the MB and sure enough a 256 MB one was bad. Soon as it came out
the memory errors stopped in the memcheck program.

Perhaps those PCI errors were the memory problem areas.

Thanks for the quick answers everyone. Now to try an install.

Cheerio

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can