Microsoft tips for pitching to Linux geeks

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 27 21:06:56 UTC 2007

> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 06:35:23AM -0400, Sy Ali wrote:
> > It's been shuffled around a bit, but the bulk of it is still here:
> > http://www.sublimemedia.com/usCSI/uscsi_web.swf
> >
> > I learned about this from here:
> > http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/betaliving/viewblogpost.htm?p=339270778
>
> I am confused.  Whatever is that for?  Sure doesn't make much sense.
> Buttons bring up things unrelated to what you are looking at currently,
> and is there any useful information in there?  Does microsoft think that
> is useful information to anyone?

I think you are missing the point. The Flash animation seems to be aimed at
Microsoft sellers and resellers. The purpose appears to be to train people on
how to pitch Micro$soft to Linux users, and to convince them to change their
platforms, both on the desktop and in the infrastructure of businesses. Pretty
slickly produced, for something just aimed at Microsoft insiders.

Paul King