VirtualBox and Qemu networking

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 27 21:04:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 11:26:14AM -0400, E K wrote:
> Online Ufile works fine. I decided to purchase the program as I will be doing returns for my friends as well. Ufile has only windows version.
>
> I didn't know that VMWare for linux was free. How does VMWare server differ from VMWare workstation?

Well so far I have managed to find that with server you can have virtual
machines running in the background automatically at startup, and have
them automatically shut down at shutdown, and you can connect remotely
to vmware server sessions giving neat remote admin abilities.

As for what vmware workstation actually gives you that server doesn't, I
haven't actually managed to find anything yet, which I find very odd.

vmware server is free for both linux and windows.  workstation costs
money for linux and windows, as do the advanced versions of vmware
server (ESX/GSX/etc).

--
Len Sorensen