tips needed; dealing with mental block while coding

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 27 00:32:20 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 March 2007 20:08, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> I find these blocks as well.  I take a couple of approaches.
>
> 1. I ask for help on a forum specific to the problem-space or the
> language.

This forum has always been helpfull to me. Of course, it is very important to
ask the question properly.

> 2. I write a bunch of comments for the code, as well as stub functions,
> so that if I'm not doing anything profound, I'm at least making
> progress.

The same. Commenting in the source code is very helpfull, in particular in
long term.

> 5. Read a couple of web-comics.

I would rather go to read about politics on the Internet. Even on that
somewhat crazy http://www.rense.com , or on Polish web sites.... Even Google
News which are very biased.. still thats news.

> 6. Drink.

Happens. They say that this does not solve problems. It does not. Make you
comfortable for a few hours or night. But very risky. I do not advise
officially and even unofficially.

> 7. Go outside and feel the wind on my face.

Look on the sky and wonder about that miracle of infinity above us.

zb.