[OT] The Great Firewall of China

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 26 00:46:40 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 March 2007 19:18, Paul King wrote:
> See if your URL is blocked in china:
>
> http://www.greatfirewallofchina.org/
>
> tlug.ss.org is not blocked!
> disney.com is not blocked!
>
> my Food Science website, alimentarus.net, *IS* blocked! What did I say to
> offend them?

There was such an author, journalist, a Polish one, his name was Kapuscinski.
His books were translateted all over the world and he got many prestigious
awards. He was writing about his travels through the world. You may easy find
his books in English in public libraries.

One of his first travels was to China. He could not understand the idea of the
wall. But, it seems, as he pointed out, that this idea is heavily rooted into
the Chinese culture.

zb.