OT: Looking fo a scanner

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-bYF1QM81rroS+FvcfC7Uqw at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 25 22:25:51 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:51:01 -0400, "Alex Maynard"
<amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org> said:

> I am also looking for a scanner that gets a long well with linux. I'd
> like
> to get one with automatic form feed. It looks like the Canon LIDE 25
> scanner is a
> flatbed. Has any one had a good experience with a form feed scanner on
> linux (ubuntu) that they can recommend?

Instead of getting a stand-aline scanner, why not get an All-in-One
printer (i.e. print, scan, copy, & sometimes fax) with a top document
feeder?  While you're at it, get one with built-in networking.

The HP C6180 is a reliable unit with a very efficient ink system (660
pages / black cartridge), built-in ethernet & wireless, and the document
feeder gives you your form feed requirement.  I know these are reliable
because I support them for a living.

The drivers for all HP All-in-Ones is provided by the hplip package on
Debian & Ubuntu
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HpAllInOne